ForexLive morning news wrap: Euro and pound give up a few gains as yen demand returns
Forex news for the European morning trading session 11 Oct 2017
- Spain says Puigdemont's speech was "a trick"
- Spain's Rajoy says government agreed to ask Catalonia to clarify independence position
- Hammond says UK economy fundamentally robust but has "cloud of uncertainty"
- More from Hammond: Large consensus in EU that transition agreement is sensible
- More from Hammond (2): UK Brexit proposal to EU requires "rapid response"
- Even more from Hammond: UK needs to consider possibility of bad-tempered breakdown of Brexit talks
- ECB's Smets says he favours extended QE taper
- Trump to visit UK early 2018
- German economic ministry raises GDP forecasts
- Dijsselbloem to stand down as Eurogroup head in Jan 2018
- Euro gives up some gains as EURUSD caps into 1.1850
- Forex option contract expiries for today 11 Oct
- Trading ideas for the European session
- ForexLive Asia FX news wrap: Some wiggles in small ranges
Another busy session that's seen traders take some money off the table as we wait on FOMC Minutes. Plenty of Brexit and Catalonia focus/rhetoric too.
- EURUSD up to 1.1845 but ran into offers before falling to post 1.1795 then bouncing
- EURGBP up to 0.8969 then back to 0.8949
- EURJPY down to 132.45 after failing at 133.00
- GBPUSD down to 1.3176 from 1.3211
- GBPJPY down to 147.85 from 1248.50
- USDJPY down to 112.18 from 112.50
- AUDUSD still trapped 0.7780-00
- USDCAD 1.2500-30
- Oil had an early rally before giving up some gains
- Gold underpinned and up to $1291 from $1287
- equities in positive territory with IBEX making solid gains
US JOLTS data at 14.00 GMT before we get what could still be day's main event from the Fed Minutes at 18.00 GMT